Candace's Photography Blog Has Moved... The Banks Bunch blog is still here....

I have decided that it would be best to move my photography blog to a new site...I will continue to post family updates at this blog.

Please visit my photography site at:

http://candacejbanks.blogspot.com

Blessings,
Candace

Monday, August 6, 2007

Thank you Grandpa Dugi, Aunt Melissa, and Uncle Frank!!!

We just LOVE our Grandpa Dugi, our Aunt Melissa, and Uncle Frank!!!!! They really know how to love on us!!! We received a wonderful gift in the mail on Saturday from them...it was a membership to our local YMCA!!! Now I can exercise without hurting myself (b/c water exercise is the only thing that doesn't irritate my fibromyalgia), and the boys and splish and splash in the water!!! We didn't get to use it until today and since Corbin was in school, little B and I went and had such a blast!!!! Brendan is such a water bug (Corbin tolerates the water and sometimes does better than others), but B...he really just can't get enough of it!!! I was able to snap a few shots of him jumping in the water with his Spiderman inner tube...he would do it over and over and over and over and over and over (I think you get the point) while I would exercise or stretch...then we would swim laps--it was really very cool!!!...he did about 2 laps completely on his own and then we did another 5 or so (not all together, though) different ways (me pushing him, me pulling me, etc)...he would be so proud to help and would just giggle and giggle. Another thing he did was learn to kick his legs and swim...I'd back off about 5 feet from the side and he'd push off from the side and swim to me and then he'd push off from me and swim to the side...he did a lot of burping, but I think it mainly was due to swallowing air (or at least that's what he told me)... The other cool thing that he did which I thought was very brave was he held onto the side and pushed off so that he could touch the bottom...his head would only go about 4 inches under the water, but I thought that that was a pretty brave move for a 4 year old (and I repeatedly told him so!!). It was a really fun time and the best part about it was that it was a really great bonding experience for me and the little B...times have been really tough lately and so it was so good and such a blessing to have fun and giggle and play and love on each other and be the mommy that God created me to be. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Grandpa, Melissa, and Frank...your gift means more to me than you will ever know. I love you dearly. Candace

This is B about to jump off into the pool...

and off he goes!!!!

...swimming to the side...

...pulling himself out of the water...

That was so much fun!!!...Let's do it again!!!

Weeeee!!!

Ok, let's take this tube-thing off and show you how I can hold my breath...

Did you catch it, mom? (no, I wasn't quick enough...I'll try again)

I still didn't catch him under the water...so here's a hangin'-on-the-side-of-the-pool-pose...

Well, do you feel like you lived the experience with us?

No comments: