Candace's Photography Blog Has Moved... The Banks Bunch blog is still here....

I have decided that it would be best to move my photography blog to a new site...I will continue to post family updates at this blog.

Please visit my photography site at:

http://candacejbanks.blogspot.com

Blessings,
Candace

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Another surgery for me...

I am sitting here at Abilene Regional Hospital waiting to be called back for yet another surgery... And I feel like I'm having deja vue b/c 6 weeks ago I was in this same room waiting to have my gastric bypass...

So if you're wondering what I'm having surgery for, well, about 2 weeks ago I started getting really sick...I was nauseated all the time--and even water would make me want to throw up...as it turns out, my gallbladder has filled with sludge (which is supposedly what happens before stones form)...so I was told yesterday morning that I had to have surgery today to have my gallbladder removed....so here we go again... It's a laproscopic surgery and so the recovery time is short...I'm soooo not looking forward to all the gas pains you get from having abdominal surgery, but am looking forward to feeling better...

Many have asked how I'm doing since my gastric bypass and I've been bad and haven't posted in a while...as of last week (my 5 week post-op marker), I had lost over 40 pounds!! And up until my gallbladder started acting up, I was feeling great. My neck is still bothering me quite a bit--I have an MRI scheduled for the end of August and we'll see what turns up from that...

Guess that's all I know...hope you have a blessed day & the next time I see or hear from you, I'll be one organ less of a person....

Blessings,
Candace

1 comment:

Jenny Wilkinson said...

I hope everything goes well and you start feeling great soon.