Candace's Photography Blog Has Moved... The Banks Bunch blog is still here....

I have decided that it would be best to move my photography blog to a new site...I will continue to post family updates at this blog.

Please visit my photography site at:

http://candacejbanks.blogspot.com

Blessings,
Candace

Friday, March 21, 2008

Mother/Son Relationships...


i come from a household of girls...and when i say girls, i mean g-i-r-l-s...from youngest to oldest, it goes my sister, opal, then me, then my older sister, britani, then my mom...and then there's my dad--who came from a family with either all boys or the girls in the family had to be rough & tough, get-dirt-under-your-fingernails, flag football is for GIRLS and so you better tackle-type girls...so my dad was in for a treat...i can remember one time my dad getting upset with us b/c we were always whispering to my mom...so we gave in to his request and stopped whispering--"mom, i need more tampons and pads when you go to the store next!!!"--after that, he never complained about the whispering...

but since i never had brothers, i never really understood how precious the relationship between a mother and son is...i will be totally honest, i was disappointed when i found out that corbin was another boy, but it didnt' take long before i realized that what my memaw says is true: "boys give the best hugs..."--and that is soooo true...my sweet 4.5 year old has even started telling me how pretty i am, that i'm a good mother...wow, i had no idea that started so soon...it's the best feeling in the world being loved on and appreciate by sweet boys...which brings me to the real reason i'm posting...

i have a wonderful mother-in-law...she has always been so good to me, so good to kelly, so good to our kids...she's respectful of our need to have time with her and time without her...she always goes to church with us when she comes into town--just another one of those mom things that we do to show our kiddos we love them and want to be involved in their lives...she supports kelly in his desire to be in the military...she listens, she cares, she gives great hugs....

so the last time that she came into town (right after kelly got home from deployment), i told her that i wanted to get a picture of just her and kelly...kelly, of course, thought it was kinda a pain (he is a man, ya know--and how many men like to have their picture taken??)...but i know that these pictures are priceless...they have frozen in time a bond between a mother and her son...i hope and pray that my boys will continue to love on me--even when they think i'm old and stupid and don't want to be around me...

i love you, theresa...thank you for sharing your son with me and for teaching me how to be a mother to boys...
candace

No comments: