Candace's Photography Blog Has Moved... The Banks Bunch blog is still here....

I have decided that it would be best to move my photography blog to a new site...I will continue to post family updates at this blog.

Please visit my photography site at:

http://candacejbanks.blogspot.com

Blessings,
Candace

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

I'll take the 2 shots in my derrière, please....

If you happen to have noticed, I haven't posted in a while...I have been sick with what I affectionately call "the junk"...and since your junk may be different than my junk, I'll explain: it's when you need the coughing-stuffy-head-fever-so-you-can-rest-medicine (by Vicks, of course)!...

I have been pretty much bed-ridden (or as much as I can with a 4 & 3 year old) for about a week now...but yesterday I'd had quite enough...and since I was thoroughly convinced that the junk had turned into bronchitis, I begged the neighbor to have mercy on me so that I could sit in an after-hours clinic (for hours) and you'll never believe what I was diagnosed with?!?...a SINUS infection!!!...ok, so I say to the dr "you realize that your sinuses are right here (pointing to my head and I hurt right here (pointing to my chest)...so HOW IN THE WORLD could it be a SINUS INFECTION?????" She very nicely explained that the stuff going on in my chest was from inflamation...uhhh-huhhh...ok...whatever...as long as I get some drugs to make it all stop, I'm cool...

The next thing she said to me blew me away, "I could give you a steroid shot and an antibiotic shot to give you a little boost...do you think you'd be interested in that???"... I wanted to reply to her "Woman, are you CRAZY??? I'm trying to be supermom while my husband is deployed and take care of myself as well as take care of a 4 year old and 3 year old who happen to be feeling like mess also (I'll get into that in a minute) and who are making the phrase "ankle-biters" seem like an understatement...OF COURSE I WANT THE DRUGS!!!"

By this point, I'm salivating...thinking of all the things that I'd be able to accomplish the next day, how I could finally get my bottom off the couch and maybe do some laundry or dishes...how I LOVE this doctor so much more than my regular doctor b/c mine never offers the extra little "boost"...giveme, giveme, giveme!!!!! So, I got the shots, as well as an RX for 10 days of horse pills twice a day (ok, maybe I don't like her so much after all...).

I say all this to tell you that I'm on the mend, and I have lots of pictures I need to get posted and will hopefully do this in the next couple of days...in the meantime, the little "boost" she gave me so far has done nothing...except make my derrière sore.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to go back to my kiddos...both of them have had the junk as long as I have (but they haven't run any fever)...so, b/c I feel like a bad mom for not taking them to the doctor yet and b/c I was convinced that I DIDN'T have a sinus infection, but yet I did, I am going to be a good mom and take them both in tomorrow morning... Please pray for an extra measure of grace as I loathe taking the kiddos to the doctor...you see, it's not only the part where I try to make them sit still for a couple of hours, but there's just so many germs up there (I'm not a huge germ-a-phobe, but I have my moments)...plus, there's a nasty stomach virus going around and I really, really, really don't want us to get it and I'm sure the vomit-and-diarrhea-germs are in abundance up there...I know, I know...whine, whine whine...guess I should get some cheese out, huh?

On another note, there is a recent post from my sweet hubby, Kelly, so check that out, too... On Friday we'll be officially half-way there!!!! Don't try to calculate dates--this is just like anything--my best estimate on the round-about time that I think we might all be a family again...
Candace

1 comment:

Olivia said...

Yikes Candace...I am so sorry. It sounds like no fun at all. I read Kelly's entry as well and I think that is so neat for you to be sharing this blog. I hope you feel better soon.